Friday, March 12, 2010

Miscellanea

1. Still loving The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet. I will post a full review when I'm finished.
2. Looking forward to reading Peter Brett's The Warded Man. My editor is being really spiffy and sending me a copy.
3. I have discovered that some people are really, really fascinated by their salad spinners. Perhaps it would not be going too far to say that they love their salad spinners. There is a Salad Spinner Appreciation Society on Facebook. I do not own a salad spinner, but I joined it anyway, more out of appreciation for the existence of the society than for the invention the society appreciates.
4. 20K on Hammered, hoping to make better progress this week now that I'm on spring break.
5. My assistant editor has turned me on to a band called Amon Amarth, specifically because of their song "Twilight of the Thunder God." If I typed at the tempo their drummer plays, I'd have my novel finished tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kevin,
    Ah, salad spinners--prized possessions to be sure!
    M

    ReplyDelete