Sunday, September 26, 2010

Excited for The Walking Dead

I'm excited to watch other people deal with them, anyway...on TV. AMC's new series, based on the graphic novels, looks absolutely spectacular. It's going to be far more character-driven and tragic, methinks, than you'd see in a horror film, and it won't be anything like the campy fun of Zombieland. You won't see anybody sayin', "You got a purty mouth!" before clocking a zombie with a banjo.

If a zombie apocalypse were actually possible, I figure it would look much more like this bleak vision: lots of drama, lots of tension, and a despairing hope for a new world. This Halloween, I'm staying home and enjoying TV...because outside of football games, I haven't watched anything since Battlestar Galactica ended. Maybe I'll actually get scared on Halloween for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment