Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Geek List (embedded in a list of miscellanea)

1. Moms are cool.

2. I'm currently reading a book called Shop Class as Soulcraft. It reminds me very much of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, though this is a bit more straightforward and not couched in fiction. I'll post a review when I'm finished.

3. I liked Robert Redick's The Red Wolf Conspiracy quite a bit, though I haven't written a full review. The creatures called murths were fascinating...wished I could have read more about them.

4. I'm now at 44K on Hammered.

5. There are degrees of geekiness and nerdiness, and I while I can truthfully claim to be both mildly nerdy and mildly geeky, there are certain things I must acquire to rise up in the ranks a become a TurboGeek or TurboNerd. The good folks at thinkgeek.com have me covered. For example, there's this Dread Pirate Roberts action figure. It's terribly fashionable, as I've wished. And then I need to get myself a new sonic screwdriver because the new Dr. Who has one. When I'm on the go and a bit sluggish and don't have a pot of coffee ready, then I can have myself a Caffeinated Maple Bacon Lollipop. Mmm, bacon. With 80 mg. of caffeine in every pop, I'll be shredding like Megadeth on my electric guitar shirt. Rock on.

2 comments:

  1. You seriously have me hooked on Doctor Who. I LOVE him! If I had any money I would already have every single episode but at the moment I am... well... a little bit brokish! :(
    -Brendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old Doctor Who, from at least Tom Baker onwards, had a sonic screwdriver.

    Brendi, you can't get every single episode because the BBC didn't preserve all of them. It's a major bummer. So you can stop worrying about the brokeishness now.

    I can't help with caffeinated bacon lollipops. But you *can* get bacon chocolate. I last saw some in Cost Plus World Market.

    ReplyDelete